Norms of Collaboration
To be successful in this course, you need to apply the seven norms of collaboration. The seven norms of collaboration will allow you to function safely and thoughtfully within the digital spaces created for this course. Return and review these norms should any issues or conflict arise. The norms include:
- promoting a culture of inquiry
- stopping to think, turn to wonder
- listen, reread and paraphrase to understand
- ask questions to seek clarification
- put your thoughts and ideas out there
- pay attention to the tone, reactions, word choices and feelings of others (emojiis count!)
- believe that others’ ultimately have positive intentions, turn to wonder if issues or misunderstandings occur.
Your success in this course is expected. Your success depends on what you know and what you do. What you do, how you build connections and how you establish relationships will depend on your choice of words, tone when speaking, in the text you type, and how you react when facing difficulty or misunderstanding.
To be successful in this course, you need to model positive expectations and behaviours in digital learning environments by following the rules of netiquette. It will be important for you to know and follow these basic rules of ‘netiquette’. These rules will be the abiding code of conduct for this course and a component of the common ground in our digital spaces. Begin by reviewing what you need to know and what you need to do. Your success is in your hands. Support is a click away.
See this graphic for some details about ‘netiquette’.